Saturday 16 July 2011

Another step closer!!!!

So on Thursday our Facilitator called and said go ahead and book your flights for China. How exciting, now that we know for sure which day we will travel to pick up Emily!

We leave on the 10th of September. On Monday 19th Septeber we will fly to Nanchang (Emily's Province) and meet our sweet baby!! We will stay in Nanchang until the following Friday then all head back to Beijing for the final formalities and all three of us will head back home September 29th

While we are in Nanchang I hope to meet up with my step brother who is living in Shanghai! We just do not have the time to visit Shanghai as there are formalities in Nanchang. We will have to see Shanghai on a return trip in the future. It is great that my step brother will be the first family member to meet Emily.

So everything is moving along and right now I have list after list after list!!

This weekend our two international students left! We had one from South Korea and the other one was from Japan. It has been so wonderful hosting students for the past 3 years and we have learnt so much about other cultures and made life long friends. It is sad when they leave as they become part of our family, especially when they have stayed with you for a year! Most of the students keep in touch through email or skype and it is interesting to hear what they are doing in life. We have had a German student return to the island and she came to visit us.

So now our house will feel empty as we are not hosting students for a while as there is just too much to do with travelling in September. I will leave you with a beautiful message I found on the chalk board downstairs after the students had left.Kanako bought Emily a lovely Hello Kitty toy and gave it to us before she left. So sweet!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear,, yes, I know how sad it is because I've experienced it. But you know, it's wonderful to become a part of others who are hard to be apart from. It was worth learning English for a long because I could meet you. Thank you for having me, Julie. Well done!!:) Love,
    Noriko xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very very exciting to have flight dates :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi~ I'm Violet.
    Thank you take a picture my board.
    I miss you very much.

    ReplyDelete

Hi - please choose "Anonymous" from the list and don't forget to sign your name - Thanks