Sunday 18 September 2011

Arrived in Beijing


We had a smooth flight from Osaka to Beijing and arrived at around 4 pm. We were met at the airport by our guide Fay and taken to our hotel for the night. We met our Facilitator Yulin and 3 other couples from Canada. All our Nanchang group left earlier and we will leave early tomorrow morning. The other 3 couples will go to different provinces to pick up their babies/children. We went out to dinner with Yulin and another couple who have adopted 6 children!!!!! Two from Ethiopia and 3 from China and are here for #4. They aso have 2 biological children. They adopt older children so they have not had to wait as long. An amazing couple with plenty of experience with adopted children. They are here with their 11 and 14 year old daughters from China. Such lovely girls!!
So tomoorow we will get a wake up call at 4 am, and leave the hotel at 5 am!!! Off to Nanchang we go to meet our sweet baby girl. Yulin said we will meet Emily almost straight away after arriving in Nanchang!! Whoo Hoo, I cannot believe this time has come. Will I be able to sleep tonight??? I am pretty tired so I think I will.
Goodnight everyone and the next time you will read our blog we will have EMILY xoxoxo

7 comments:

  1. Julie & Peter - dear friends, we are thinking about you every moment and looking forward to seeing you all soon. Happiness and love, Diana & Brent

    ReplyDelete
  2. There at last,how excited you are,I am here patiently waiting to see you both and Emily,I can imagine all the hugs and kisses between you all GREAT will speak and see you sooooon Love MumXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. By now you will be holding baby Emily in your arms, crying with tears of joy....I have the Kleenex ready for Emilys debut.!!!! Emily is one lucky little girl to have such wonderful caring parents.
    Thinking of you at this precious time...
    Enjoy every day, see you soon
    Bless you...
    Luv & hugs Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today is the day, this is so amazing! I am so happy for you!! All my thoughts go to the three of you today. One more happy family in this world from this day on, and what a happy day for little Emily! :-) She couldn't be luckier.

    Love,
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie and Peter: You can't imagine how happy I am for you. It brings back memories from long ago when my husband and I first met and fell in love with our new wee son...and 3 years later our new wee daughter. You feel your heart will burst. A lifetime of love and happiness to you all.....mum included. Love, Betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI MOMMY JULIE AND DADDY PETER . MON. NIGHT , 1 IN THE MORNING AND NO POST !! I HAVE TEARS OF JOY AND WORRY AS I WAIT TO SEE YOUR SWEET EMILY . A FAMILY AT LAST . THE TIME MUST BE VERY DIFFERENT FROM HERE . I WILL CHECK IN THE MORNING AGAIN . HUGS ROBBY XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Pete, brings back memories of our trip to China all those years ago. But this must be a lot more joyous for you! Is the "air" as bad as it was? On the news here last night we found out Canada...Nanaimo particularly, has some of the best air in the world, I hope you're breething okk?, LOL Looking forward to seeing you, Julie and Emily some time soon. Nick

    ReplyDelete

Hi - please choose "Anonymous" from the list and don't forget to sign your name - Thanks