Monday 19 September 2011

Wow - Forever Family Day!!!





We flew to Nanchang with our Facilitator Yulin. The rest of the group left the night before. As soon as we got to the hotel, without even checking our bags in, Yulin rushed us to the third floor to get our baby! The gifts were in the suitcase for the orphanage and we were not prepared to be so rushed, but I did not care - I wanted to see baby Emily. I felt very relaxed and calm and was not nervous, just excited to see her! Peter had a little headache but had the video camera at the ready! On entering the room, 3 Chinese ladies called to us and said "Lidi, this Lidi" I turned to them and there she was, our precious little baby who we had waited so long for. They were giving her a bottle. I bent down and stroked her face and said "Hi Lidi" she turned to me and stared!! This is when I cried! I said "She's beautiful." Her carer said "How beautiful?" I spread my arms out wide and said "This much" They laughed and handed her to me. She whimpered a little bit and just stared at me, then went straight for my earrings!! I kissed her and hugged her, she really is beautiful - but I am biased! Now I have to share with daddy so it was daddy's turn to hold her while I took some pictures. She went straight to Peter, no tears!!! Then it was paper signing time. By now Peter's headache had turned into a full blown Migraine. Yulin got really worried about him and fetched some water so he could take some advil. He had turned white and was drenched in sweat! I think Yulin thought he was having a heart-attack! We managed to finish the hand-off paperwork by 12 and went to our room to prepare the gifts. Our suitcases were not even unpacked and we had to be back downstairs in the lobby for 1 pm. Peter was not feeling very well at all and vomitted! I carried Emily around and tried to prepare some things for the afternoon. Emily was no problem and was very happy to be carried around but did not like it when I attempted to put her on the bed. She definitely wanted to be held. Peter rested for 45 mins but we had to go downstairs as more important paper work had to be done. He felt a little better but not much. Poor guy looked ill!! I took the stroller that they had left in the room for us and off we went. Paper work took 4 hours!!! We have a large group, 10 families to get through. Emily was a trooper, so happy and energetic amusing everyone with her babbling and giggling!! It is like we have been together forever; she is amazing!! I am waiting for bedtime!!! Then she might not be so happy.
We got back to the hotel at 5 pm, changed her diaper, which she did not mind this time, gave her a bottle and some baby cereal which she devoured!! We then went to the restaurant for dinner. Once again she was amazing, smiling and happy to have some banana and a little rice. We took some pictures in the restaurant and then it was time to go back to the room. By now she was feeling quite sleepy so I did not want to bathe her tonight as she had had so many changes today, and I knew she would be asleep very soon. I put her on my chest on the king bed and she fell asleep within 5 minutes. I put her in her crib and she did not wake, and slept from 8 pm until 6:50 am!!! She woke up babbling and we peered into her crib and she stared at us, probably thinking "Where am I" but no tears!! What an amazing day!!! We feel so blessed to have Emily in our lives; finally we are a family and it feels so right!! I love being a mummy and I know Peter is so happy to be a daddy. He keeps looking at Emily and saying she is a darling! She has been very happy to be held by Peter, he has fed her, given her a bottle but has yet to change a diaper!!! No messy diaper yet!
Her eye-hand coordinations is very good. She can turn over tummy to back and sit up propped up with pillows. She is very small - 6 month clothes are a bit big for her. She babbles and smiles and is a happy baby!
Enjoy the cute adorable pictures of our daughter EMILY!!! Love to everyone back home xoxoxoxo

10 comments:

  1. What a delight to wake this morning and read this post... I am overjoyed beyond words for the '3' of you... Christmas cannot come fast enough... can't wait to meet her too !! Enjoy these moments as you bond together as a family and create precious memories for years to come !!!! Love and Hugs... Angela <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I may be biased too... but she is Absolutely Beautiful !!!! Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course we are all biased, after you waiting so long and now to see such adorable 1st photos of all 3 of you ,and she is so adorable asleep,roll on 27th October when I hope Mummy andDaddy will let happy Grandma hold her
    Hugs and kisses to you all XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally the day has come and we get to see pictures of you as a family! you look like a perfect match and it is great to read that everything went well even though poor Peter got sick. Emily looks so pretty and sweet! I hope I'll get to meet her,maybe next year.she is so adorable! Love and many hugs to you from Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSH ! AT LAST A FAMILY OF 3 . YA HOO ! JULIE , SHE HAS YOUR HAIRCUT . LOVE IT !!SO SORRY PETER GOT ILL . IT IS HARD WORK DELIVERING A BABY EH PETER . HUGS AND MORE HUGS . DEC. EH ? NOT SURE WE CAN WAIT THAT LONG ---- JUST WANT TO REACH OUT AND HUG HER AND YOU 2 AS WELL . ENJOY , BE WELL AND SHE SURE IS ONE VERY LUCKY , CUTE , SMILEY , ADDORABLE BABY GIRL !! LOVE TO ALL , ROBBY AND DENNY XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you!! YAY!! The day has finally arrived! I agree she is absolutely beautiful!!

    Holly, Ian, and Esmee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations mama and papa Hughes!! you both look so happy with gorgeous Emily! at last she is in your arms where she belongs- motherhood sooooo suits you Julie!
    I hope Peter is feeling much better! lots of love and hugs
    Ayse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Julie, Peter & Emily Lidia,
    Your pictures are truly a record of happiness - your love is manifest and it's heart warming for us to share this overwhelming moment. Congratulations - Mummy & Daddy - on the arrival of your darling little daughter. Cute is an understatement! Happiness always to you all and much love, Brent, Diana & Pipkin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful family and i feel my previous comments about the air to have been fortuitous...unfortunately. So Julie, we'll cut Pete some slack on the diaper thing at least until his migraine is gone, try and Ice pak on the forehead and back of the neck. I guess you don't get excedrin there eh? Black coffee with an aspirin is the next best thing. Must be God's way of getting you used to the late nights with no sleep :) Nick

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pictures of you 3 as a 'family'. Love exudes from the pictures. Congratulations, Mommy and Daddy. love, Betty B.

    ReplyDelete

Hi - please choose "Anonymous" from the list and don't forget to sign your name - Thanks