Tuesday 6 September 2011

Cooking Up A Storm

Fresh from our garden, tomatoes, basil and hot peppers. So I made my own pizza sauce, Lasagne sauce, two of my favourite soups - Asian Chicken and lentil soup. Meals for the freezer for when we come back from our trip. I know when we come back with Emily we will all be very tired and be suffering from jet lag so to make it easier I am trying to be organized and cooking some meals for the freezer. I now have to cook some fresh veggies for Emily tomorrow and we will be set.


Lots of containers to go into the freezer.










Yummy pizza sauce turned out very tasty. Peter always makes his own pizza dough, now we have our own pizza sauce!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie and Peter,the food looks delicious! great idea to freeze all that you need in advance!and OMG how time flies!! you will soon be on that plane!! how exciting!! I am also counting down the days for you and can't wait to see your photos when you get to china. I have everything crossed for you and hope it all goes perfectly well for you. I will be thinking of you all during this very emotional journey! lots of love and hugs always Ayse and family xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY TOMATOES JULIE . WE HAVE ONLY HAD 3 OFF OUR GARDEN AS OUR FRIENDLY DEER HAS BEEN ENJOYING THEM FOR HERSELF . I GUESS SHE IS FATTENING UP READY TO HOP IN OUR FREEZER . HA , HA . YOU APPEAR TO HAVE ALL THE BASES COVERED . HUGS , ROBBY AND DENNIS XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Hi - please choose "Anonymous" from the list and don't forget to sign your name - Thanks